A statistical look at the Lions, Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings, Spartans and Wolverines

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Motor City Sports! I have been a long-time follower of many blogs pertaining to Detroit sports teams. Blogs like On the Wings, WTF Holland, Detroit Tigers Weblog, Mack Avenue Tigers, Bless You Boys, Detroit Bad Boys, Need 4 Sheed, and Fire Millen were just some of my favorite Detroit Sports blogs, and I was a frequent commenter on those sites. I also follow Michigan sports sites like MgoBlog, Varsity Blue, UMhoops, and The Blog that Yost Built and MSU sports sites like Spartans Weblog.

I feel as if it is my turn to join these great blogs and provide a unique blog to the blog scene. This will be a blog that focuses on all 4 major Detroit sports teams and on Michigan and Michigan State football, basketball, and hockey teams. It is my hope that this will be an informative blog and one in which you will be able to visit on a daily basis to learn about the daily happenings in the Detroit Sports world.

Over the next few months, I will be posting about the NBA and NHL draft, the Pistons and Wings off-season, and provide previews of the Lions and Wolverines and Spartans upcoming football seasons. I also will be providing a daily recap of the Tigers games and provide occasional research about each of these teams.

I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Welcome to the blogosophere and thanks for the shoutout. I've added you to my links. Good luck!

Scottwood said...

Thanks. I appreciate it. And, I always drop by your blog on a daily basis to see your thoughts on the Tigers. Keep up the good work!